Our Medical Negligence Lawyers offer a free consultation for victims of clinical negligence and medical accidents. Call us on 08000 488 777 or tell us what happened so we can provide you with expert legal advice at no cost to you.
No Win No Fee Compensation Claim
Medical negligence comes in many forms and we tend to think of it from the perspective of large cases involving botched surgeries or incredible incompetence. However, a great number of medical negligence cases start and end with the general practitioner.
The general practitioner is our first port of call when we have symptoms of a medical ailment. We trust them and they’re essentially the face of the NHS for most of us. However, GPs need to keep up with the trends in medicine just as much as those working as a surgeon in an internationally renowned hospital. A high percentage of cases that involve general practitioners come about from the lack of knowledge of the practitioner or that he/she is relying on out-dated medical knowledge.
Common GP Negligence Cases
Some of the mistakes a GP can make that would be considered to be negligence include:
- Evidence shows that a home visit is required, but the GP does not attend the home
- The GP does not examine a patient thoroughly when they arrive at the surgery
- The GP does not follow up on tests performed, leading to a diagnosis being missed or late
- The GP makes the incorrect diagnosis when another GP would certainly have caught the right diagnosis, or called for further testing
- Not referring a patient to a specialist when it is deemed appropriate
- Not taking notes on the patient’s condition or visit
- Performing procedures they are not qualified to do
- Prescribing the wrong medicine
Perhaps the most common case of GP negligence comes about from their failure to recognise a potential serious condition. It is true that GPs day in and day out deal with minor complaints, and this can lead to them failing to recognise when a patient’s symptoms may actually be very serious. GP Negligence Cases
GP Negligence Cases. recently a GP was found negligent when he failed no notice that a child had picked up an infection and sent the child home. Two days later the infection worsened and the delay meant that the child ended up with permanent injuries to her hip.
Similarly, a GP practice failed to refer a child to a specialist for symptoms that ultimately lead to permanent brain damage. Lawyers were able to get a large settlement for this tragic oversight.
If you or a loved one has suffered from GP negligence you should contact us as soon as you can.
There are time limits which must be followed.
- Adults must file a claim for compensation within three years from the date of the incident or three years from the date of acknowledgement that the injury or illness is a result of medical negligence.
- Children have until their 21st birthday in which a claim must be filed. This is regardless of when the accident took place.
- Adults and children without mental capacity have no time limit in which they can file a claim. This rule is very specific so if you believe this is relative in your case you should contact or Medical Negligence Lawyers to make sure this rule applies to you.
If a claim is filled too late you may lose the right to compensation which is rightfully yours.
If you or a loved one has suffered from GP negligence contact us today and receive a free no obligation consultation with one of our Medical Negligence Lawyers. You can get in touch by filling in our online claim form, requesting a call back or by calling us on the number above.
Call our Medical Negligence Lawyers on freephone 08000 488 777 or start your compensation claim online and we will call you. Medical Lawyers
Anaesthetic Injury Negligence Compensation
Brain Injury Compensation Claims
Can I Make A Claim For Medical Negligence
Can I Claim For Medical Negligence
Cancer Misdiagnosis Compensation Claims
Cerebral Palsy Compensation Claims
Clinical Negligence And Malpractice Compensation Claims
Cosmetic Surgery Compensation Claims
Facts On Medical Negligence
Fatal Negligence and Inquests Compensation Claims
Finding The Right Medical Lawyer
General Practitioner Negligence Cases
Hiring A Medical Lawyer
Hospital Negligence Compensation Claims
How Much Can I Claim
Improper Cosmetic Surgery Compensation Claims
Making A Compensation Claims For GP Negligence
Making An NHS Complaint
Medical Malpractice Claims Process
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limits
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limit
Medical Negligence Claims
NHS Complaint Procedure
No Win No Fee Lawyers
Obstetrics And Gynaecology Medical Negligence
Prescription Error Compensation Claims
Spinal Injuries Compensation Claims
The Facts On Medical Negligence Compensation
The Medical Negligence Compensation Claim Process
When Should I Make A Medical Negligence Claim
Why You Need A Medical Lawyer
Work Accident Injury Claims