Our Medical Negligence Lawyers offer a free consultation for victims of clinical negligence and medical accidents. Call us on 08000 488 777 or tell us what happened so we can provide you with expert legal advice at no cost to you.
General practitioners (GPs) are the first line of contact when we get sick. General practitioners are well known for providing quality and reliable treatment to their patients. Nevertheless, there have been a few cases where patients suffered due to the wrong diagnosis or a delayed diagnosis from a GP. In certain cases, medicines prescribed by the GP have resulted in adverse side effects, something that the GP should have been aware of. Though the number of medical GP negligence cases are relatively few when compared to other types of negligence cases, the affected patient still has to undergo the physical and mental pain caused by the wrong prescription or the delayed diagnosis of the General Practitioner. In order to get instant relief for the financial losses caused due to a delayed diagnosis or wrong prescription, the victim can seek the help of a well-established lawyer or a lawyer firm who have helped a great number of clients through GP compensation claims.
Example of GP Negligence Cases
Some of the most commonly raised GP Compensation claims fall under the following categories:
- The GP fails to make a home visit to examine the patient on time
- The GP fails to do a thorough screening of the injured victim
- The GP does not properly go through the patient’s lab results
- The GP fails to recommend necessary tests on the affected patient
- The GP makes a wrong diagnosis of an existing condition and starts providing treatment based on the wrong diagnosis
- The GP fails to refer the patient to a known specialist in time to provide a cure
- The GP issues incorrect prescriptions leading to the patient being affected by serious side effects
- The GP incorrectly performs a minor procedures, leading to serious side effects
If the patient is able to prove that the GP has been at fault under any one of the above counts, they would be eligible to make a claim. In order to make a successful claim, the affected patient has to establish the fact that the GP’s medical negligence has adversely affected them. Our qualified and experienced Medical Negligence Lawyers offer the required skills for gathering data and evidence to prove that the general practitioner had erred while providing treatment to the affected patient.
We have been providing quality compensation claim services to our clients who have been badly affected by GP’s medical negligence for many years.
Example of a GP Negligence Claim
Recently lawyers helped a family to claim £8,000 for the failure of a GP to refer a child in the family to a specialist. In another case, we helped a family to get compensation as their child had severe hip pain. If the child has been referred to a specialty hospital by the GP on time, he wouldn’t have had this serious hip inflammation and pain. In both these cases, we collected the data and the evidence needed for establishing that the GP had been at fault. This helped in striking a better deal with the third party insurance company and got the desired compensation for the affected victim and their family members.
Time Limits for GP Negligence Cases
If you or a loved one has suffered from GP negligence you should contact us as soon as you can.
There are time limits which must be followed.
- Adults must file a claim for compensation within three years from the date of the incident or three years from the date of acknowledgement that the injury or illness is a result of medical negligence.
- Children have until their 21st birthday in which a claim must be filed. This is regardless of when the accident took place.
- Adults and children without mental capacity have no time limit in which they can file a claim. This rule is very specific so if you believe this is relative in your case you should contact or Medical Negligence Lawyers to make sure this rule applies to you.
If a claim is filled too late you may lose the right to compensation which is rightfully yours.
If you or a loved one has suffered from GP negligence contact us today and receive a free no obligation consultation with one of our Medical Negligence Lawyers. You can get in touch by filling in our online claim form, requesting a call back or by calling us on the number above.
Call our Medical Negligence Lawyers on freephone 08000 488 777 or start your compensation claim online and we will call you. Medical Lawyers
Anaesthetic Injury Negligence Compensation
Brain Injury Compensation Claims
Can I Make A Claim For Medical Negligence
Can I Claim For Medical Negligence
Cancer Misdiagnosis Compensation Claims
Care Home Negligence Compensation Claims
Cerebral Palsy Compensation Claims
Clinical Negligence And Malpractice Compensation Claims
Cosmetic Surgery Compensation Claims
Erb’s Palsy Compensation Claims
Facts On Medical Negligence
Fatal Negligence and Inquests Compensation Claims
Finding The Right Medical Lawyer
General Practitioner Negligence Cases
Hiring A Medical Lawyer
Hospital Negligence Compensation Claims
How Much Can I Claim
Is My Injury Eligible For Compensation
Making An NHS Complaint
Medical Malpractice Claims Process
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limits
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limit
Medical Negligence Claims
NHS Complaint Procedure
No Win No Fee Lawyers
Pharmacy Error Compensation Claims
Prescription Error Compensation Claims
Spinal Injuries Compensation Claims
The Facts On Medical Negligence Compensation
The Medical Negligence Compensation Claim Process
When Should I Make A Medical Negligence Claim
Why You Need A Medical Lawyer
Work Accident Injury Claims