Our Medical Negligence Lawyers offer a free consultation for victims of clinical negligence and medical accidents. Call us on 08000 488 777 or tell us what happened so we can provide you with expert legal advice at no cost to you.
Using a care home for a member your family is a difficult choice and when you do so you expect that the care that they receive in the care home is of the highest caliber. Sadly, abuse of the elderly in care homes can still happen and injury through mismanagement or negligence is still a real possibility.
You can make a claim against day centers, residential homes and nursing homes if the resident has not been looked after in a careful manner.
This could be in a number of ways such as;
- Insufficiently providing food or water leading to malnutrition or dehydration
- Injury on the part of the resident due to inadequate safety or lifting equipment
- Incorrect administration of medication
- Not performing risk assessments on patients, allowing them to trip or fall on the grounds
- Poor training of staff resulting in careless handling of the resident
Was It an Accident or Negligence?
There are some care homes that do not provide the best possible care for the people who chose them. In some cases, the problem is associated with the poor management. In some others, one or two reckless employees may be not following the standard practices of operation thus affecting the health and safety of your beloved family members. In either case, the well being of your beloved is at risk. Our Medical Negligence Lawyers are experienced in dealing with care home negligence claims and can determine whether a claim can be made or not.
Making a Claim
Your first priority should be to ensure the proper health and well being of your family member. You can move them to a better care home under better management. At the same time, you are eligible to make a claim for compensation against the previous care home. You will be able to claim for the cost of home care help or another care home while the injured party is recuperating, as well as damages for the injury.
To claim on behalf of the resident, you may need a power of attorney. You should seek the help of our Medical Negligence Lawyers who are experienced in handling care home negligence compensation claims. They will advise you about your legal options.
How much will it cost to use the help your lawyers? If you choose our Medical Negligence Lawyers who work on a “no win, no fee”* basis, you have absolutely nothing to lose. If they do not win you the compensation amount, you need not pay anything at all for making the claim.
If you or a loved one has suffered from medical negligence in a care home you should contact us as soon as you can.
There are time limits which must be followed.
- Adults must file a claim for compensation within three years from the date of the incident or three years from the date of acknowledgement that the injury or illness is a result of medical negligence.
- Adults without mental capacity have no time limit in which they can file a claim. This rule is very specific so if you believe this is relative in your case you should contact or Medical Negligence Lawyers to make sure this rule applies to you.
- In fatal accidents a claim must be filed within three years from the date of death.
If you file a claim too late you may lose the right to compensation which is rightfully yours.
Call our Medical Negligence Lawyers on freephone 08000 488 777 or start your compensation claim online and we will call you. Medical Lawyers
Can I Make A Claim For Medical Negligence
Can I Claim For Medical Negligence
Clinical Negligence And Malpractice Compensation Claims
Facts On Medical Negligence
Fatal Negligence and Inquests Compensation Claims
Finding The Right Medical Lawyer
General Practitioner Negligence Cases
Hiring A Medical Lawyer
How Much Can I Claim
Is My Injury Eligible For Compensation
Making A Compensation Claims For GP Negligence
Medical Malpractice Claims Process
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limits
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limit
Medical Negligence Claims
NHS Complaint Procedure
No Win No Fee Lawyers
Prescription Error Compensation Claims
The Facts On Medical Negligence Compensation
The Medical Negligence Compensation Claim Process
When Should I Make A Medical Negligence Claim
Why You Need A Medical Lawyer